Thursday, October 9, 2008

First attempt...

Okay, this is another first attempt for me. I'm learning all sorts of new things on the computer so why not add this to the list? Who knows where this will lead me? Perhaps to great and wonderous happenings...don't you want to be there with me?
Things are changing at my house. My kids are growing up. I've loved all the stages in the lives of my kids. I loved them young, I loved them as teens (not everything they did, but always loved them), I love them now. Megan is in graduate school at UT in Austin and is now in love and engaged to Marc Matthews (fabulous man who loves her back.) Myles is now in Minnesota going to a music production school. He has a puppy who adores him and a girlfriend in Texas that is very supportive of his education. Marshall is in his Senior year of High School. He is captian of the Drumline, teaches piano and drum lessons. His days are filled morning til night. He practices constantly for upcoming competitions and future auditions for college. Marc is in his first year of High School. He has adjusted quite well to his new school. He is on the wrestling team and with season starting next week with practices, he'll be living at the High School with Marshall. Marc has also been playing fall baseball, just a few more games left. He's advancing in Scouting and hopefully will have his Eagle in the not so distant future. Scott's work load is shifting. He works a bit more from home now, is traveling a little less and has more lunch dates with me than ever before. I like it. Me? Well, I'm in awe. Life has moved so fast. There was a time that I thought I'd be changing diapers and picking up legos for the rest of my life. Now I have teenagers and adults as children. The years have passed so quickly and have been so fun and rewarding. I wouldn't trade those times for anything. Things are changing at my house. I loved how it was, how it is now, and I think I'll love whatever changes come. I know that now is currently my favorite time in life.

5 comments:

Sharon said...

LOVE it! I'm proud to be the first "sister" to comment on your blog... sure it won't be the last time. : )

Sharon aka #8 wannabe

GregHansenfam said...

Sue...I am so happy you have a blog. I love it. Be sure to add me as a friend. Thanks for calling me & giving me the great news about Megan. We are so excited for her. :)

campmom said...

Sue
I am so excited I found your blog. Reading this makes me miss you even more!! Congrats on Megan.
love you tons, Sandie

Marc said...

I'm Marc Matthews, and I approve of this message.

I'm excited that you're starting a blog!

Mom and Dad said...

I think your blog site is terrific and your message is even greater. I am proud of all your accomplishments in life...this being only one of many. What a great perspective you present, regarding the different stages of life we have all (or are presently) encountering. You deserve the highest of ratings on this one. Thanks...and I love you, MOM